Posted by Ustaza on December 16, 2006
Answer the following questions. There is only one correct answer. Write your answers in the comments section. Don’t forget to sign off. The answers will be posted later (when everyone has submitted theirs!).
1. A list of topics to be discussed at a meeting is …
a. an agenda
b. a portfolio
c. a business plan
2. A series of jobs within z a company from junior to senior level is …
a. an assembly line
b. a conveyor belt
c. a corporate ladder
3. There are three types of commerce in the market. Can you think which they are?
4. A person or an organization that rescues a company from being bought at low a price is…
a. a venture capitalist
b. a white knight
c. an angel investor
5. Which of these words does not mean to grow rapidly?
a. To burgeon
b. To mushroom
c. To plunge
6. Which of theses words is not usually used with the term balance sheet?
a. A fit balance sheet
b. A healthy balance sheet
c. A strong balance sheet
7. What animal is associated with people who buy investments with the hope that they will rise in value?
a. A bear
b. A bull
c. A dead cat
8. If a company sticks to its knitting…
a. it struggles to sell its goods
b. it tries to improve its image
c. it concentrates on the things it can do well
9. What is the opposite of a downturn in the economy?
10. Which of these words refers to a product rather than a person or an organization?
a. A loss leader
b. An early adopter
c. A line manager
11. A rise in the general prices of goods and services over time is called…
c. supply and demand
12. What is another word for buzz marketing?
13. Which of these words does not refer to a person?
a. A market leader
b. A salaryman
c. A trouble shooter
14. What is t-commerce?
a. The activity of trading goods
b. The buying and selling of tea products
c. The buying and selling of products using television or telephone
15. What type of chart would you use to manage the tasks involved in a project?
a. A bar chart
b. A Gantt chart
c. An organigram
16. The subject of economics can be split into two branches:
17. Which of these words means to move art of a company’s operations to a foreign country?
a. To jettison
b. To downsize
c. To offshore
18. What happens when a company reaches break-even point?
a. It doesn’t have enough money to continue
b. It earns enough money to pay for its costs
c. It earns as much money as the average for its industry
19. What is hot-desking?
a. The practice of giving workers a desk to work at only when they need one
b. The activity of working from home and using the internet to communicate with your office
c. The study of how office equipment can be made more comfortable and efficient
20. A list of things that you have bought showing what you must pay is…
a. a balance sheet
b. an invoice
c. a letter of credit
21. What is an Incoterm?
a. An International Commercial Term
b. An Intercontinental Terminal
c. An Inter-company Determination
22. Words that are placed on a web page to attract search engines are called
b. shopping bots
c. spider food
23. A person who does not have enough money to pay their debts is…
24. The practice of continuously improving the way a company operates is called…
b. stock control
Quiz taken from The Little Book of Business. (2006). Oxford University Press.